What’s in THE Box? Before you think outside the box, remember rule number 1 in franchising is: know what’s in the box FIRST.
A franchise business is a proven concept which can be replicated. If you are not one who can follow systems or want to be the originator of a business concept, then a franchise may not be right for you. If you can immerse yourself in a successful system and follow through, then the franchising industry is worth considering.
All franchises are associated with costs and fees. What makes sense about franchising is that your total investment, ongoing costs are disclosed upfront. On the contrary, starting a business on your own may seem like there are no huge costs upfront (of which you are aware).
We assume what we don’t know and fear the unknown. You are not alone.
What’s in the Franchising Box?
- SYSTEM: A franchise model is birthed when at least one unit model has proven profitable. Of course, not all business expansion can be accomplished through franchising. A franchise business must have a well-documented system for repeating success and all the required bells and whistles. The franchisor has made all the mistakes. Systematizing only what works through franchising, so you the franchisee, can have access to systems to implement. You can hit the ground running.
- SUPPORT: Franchising is also about support. You’re not alone. You are in business for yourself just not by yourself. You’ll have platforms, support teams and peers to bounce off ideas and strategies.
- INTER-DEPENDENCE: The zee-zor relationship is about inter-dependence. You want to be successful and profitable. The Franchisor shares the same business goals. Working together, following the systems, adding strategies as you grow are the key ingredients to a successful recognizable brand.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING: Ongoing education, regional, national or international conference will keep you excited and motivated. Surround yourself with successful zees. Remember to participate, learn, give back, lead and follow. There is always something new or different to learn – no one, not even you, knows everything.
- MULTI-PRONG MARKETING: Successful franchise brands recognize the need for local as well as domestic and global branding. Local exposure is the reason YOU are there. Then there’s national and some cases, international branding, where the franchisor actively promotes the brand. Local exposure helps you and the brand, national/international exposure helps the brand and you. Therefore, your local marketing will benefit you and help with increasing national brand recognition.
If you have the chutzpah and wherewithal to start a business on your own, versus considering a proven concept, go for it. That’s how successful brands get started. If you prefer to hit the ground running, be in business for yourself and NOT by yourself, then take time to consider the franchised or licensed business route.
One More Thought on Franchising
All franchisees have access to the same systems and yet, some are more successful than others. Remember, it is your business. You get to decide success by focusing on implementing the systems. Make the business work. Use all the resources available. Access to franchisor support and peer-to-peer franchisees collaboration are great ingredients for business success. Therein lies your investment.
Still in doubt? Then invest time to speak with a Professional Franchise Recruitment Consultant who can provide you with intelligent and educated information. The right professional can help you determine if you are mentally and financially ready to be your own boss.
Lessons in leadership taught by third grade class.
They helped me realize that these lessons apply even when leading adult learning environments.
Remember, leadership is not about creating an impression. It is about making a lasting impact.
READ THE BLOG HERE.
From the desk of Pat Coan
Did you do it?
Did you do it for 2017, 2016, 2015? You get the drift. How many times have we all set a New Year resolution, only to have it fall apart? How many times have we set a goal only to change it when we fall behind? Admit it, we all have!
Business is the same way. Most of us have lived in the job world for most of our careers. Many very happily, many maybe not. Yet, we choose to endure our traditional jobs as we see them as “security” versus “risk”. Times have changed. Many factors have caused the phenomenon that jobs can be very risky. Layoffs, location changes, lower salaries, deteriorating management, etc. affect the mindset of what a successful career path really looks like.
Marketing Guru, Seth Godin discusses this in his book “Poke The Box”. In paraphrasing, Godin points out that many executives are aware of the opportunities that are in the marketplace. The fact is that the world is changing fast and that many executives have no choice but to react to the changes. There is an option, even though it can be frightening and this easy to overlook or ignore. This option could be having the guts and the heart to enter the entrepreneurial world.
It is easy to dream and to create a vision of being a business owner, however very few actually hit the “GO” button. The challenge isn’t creating the vision or dreaming, the challenge is getting into the habit of “starting”.
Here’s where our team can help. The team and I will personally guide you in the search for the “Right Business, Right Fit(TM)” for you and your family. No investment on your part to partake in our process to help you see if business ownership is right for you.
No more procrastination, push the START button today. Schedule a one-on-one conversation now by clicking here.
Here’s to your 2018!
Getting the right help is critical to your search
Did you know that 90% of new franchisees would not have heard of the franchise concept they chose, without the help of an experienced Franchise Consultant?
You ask yourself, if you should I use a Franchise consultant or invest your time to research the endless web. We know how that goes. We’ve learned that the best franchise consultants are experienced business owners, who have toiled blood, sweat and tears.
Here’s are 7 characteristics of your ideal help – the Franchise Consultant:
- Knowledgeable about franchising is key. Receiving advise from someone who has invested in a business is better than the alternative.
- Invests time to learn about your financial and personal background in order to present you with opportunities that would may be the right fit.
- Identifies yours skill sets, from the one-on-one interviews and resume review, which may have been invisible to you yet important in business building.
- Introduces you to opportunities that will excite you which you’ll want to further explore in more detail.
- Invests time to work with the franchisor for territory checks, franchisee and brand performance, so as to present you with what’s best for you.
- Be your advocate during the Qualification and Discovery process and helps you with your questions and concerns.
- Provides you with FREE service to present you with franchise concepts that may be your best fit.
What’s in it for you
Your ideal Franchise Consultant is focused on your interests. You, the client cannot, at any time, sense that your consultant is concerned about losing the deal. Your franchise consultant must ensure that you gain a clear understanding of the franchise opportunities.
Your success is critical to yourself, the Franchisor and the Franchise Consultant. If you have any doubt or your gut feel says not to trust your Franchise Consultant, it’s time to find new help.
Blog from the desk of Pat Coan – Business Leader and Entrepreneur